We don’t want dental anxiety to stop you from getting the treatment you need. Call us today to learn more about how our dentists can improve your visit with our comfort options in Texas. Dr. Patel look forward to seeing you!Dental anxiety and fear manifest in a variety of ways, from mild feelings of worry and stress to specific and debilitating fears about upcoming procedures. Regardless of the level of your anxiety, our team is here to help you.
Here are a few things you can do to help reduce your anxiety:
- Speak with our dentists and team. Let us know that you are anxious or afraid. We can take special precautions to help you feel more comfortable and watch for any signs of discomfort.
- Use calming techniques, such as controlled breathing or finding distractions in the room.
- Listen to music. Music can distract you, giving you something else to focus on while blocking out anxiety-producing noises during your treatment.
- Ask us about sedation options. Sedation dentistry is designed to help you relax, and there are several different types of sedation available.
- Take breaks. If you feel overwhelmed during your treatment, signal us with your hand and we will stop for a few minutes so you can have a breather.
- Ask about alternative treatment options. Advances in dentistry allow us to often provide the same treatment results using different methods.
We never want fear or anxiety to prevent you from receiving the care you need. Please contact our office today to learn more about how we can help you manage dental anxiety during your appointment.