Say goodbye to the troubles of missing teeth and regain a sufficiently bright smile with dental implant dentistry.
If you are ashamed of smiling in public due to missing teeth and are tired of typing “dental implants near me” in search engines, then visit our expert dental implant dentist in Irving.Despite several advancements in dental care, millions of Americans suffer tooth loss, mainly due to tooth decay, gum disease, injury, or poor oral hygiene. For many years, the only solutions for missing teeth were bridges and dentures. But today, dental implant dentistry is one of the most popular tooth replacement options. Dental implants act and function like replacement tooth roots. It is a titanium screw that is surgically placed in the jawbone to provide a strong base for permanent or removable replacement teeth. At Dental Concepts, our dental implant dentist in Irving is highly experienced in dental implant dentistry and has worked on almost all types of cases to offer the most optimal tooth replacement solutions. If you are looking for professional dental implant Treatments, feel free to reach out to us.
Why dental implantsDental implants might be the right option for you if you:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have fully grown jawbone
- Have enough bone to secure the implants
- Can undergo a bone graft
- Have healthy oral tissues
- Are not suffering from any health condition that would interfere with the smooth healing of your jawbone
- Are not willing or able to wear dentures
- Want to regain your confidence and improve your speech
- Are willing to wait several months for the results to kick in patiently
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco
Benefits of dental implantsAccording to several renowned dental implant Treatments, dental implants offer the following advantages.
- Improved appearance – Dental implants are just like your natural tooth roots when it comes to appearance and functions. They are designed to fuse with the jawbone and become permanent.
- Improved speech – Dental implants enable you to speak clearly and freely without having to worry about slipping off your replacement teeth.
- Enhanced comfort – Dental implants gradually become a part of your mouth. Thus, they are free of the discomfort that is associated with removable dentures.
- Ease in eating – Dental implants function exactly like your natural tooth roots, allowing you to enjoy your favorite dishes with comfort and convenience and without any pain or worry.
- Enhanced confidence and self-esteem – Dental implants help you regain your beautiful smile, thereby enhancing your confident personality.
- Improved oral health – Dental implants do not alter the structure of the nearby teeth. Thus, more of your natural teeth are left intact, which ensures long-term good oral health.
- Durability – With good care and proper maintenance, dental implants last several years (often a lifetime) which makes them an affordable solution in the long run.
The dental implant procedure
The first step in the dental implant process involves the development of a customized treatment plan that addresses your specific condition and needs. This plan will be curated by our in-house dental implant specialists who are specially trained and experienced in dental implant dentistry.
In the next step, the dental implant (made of titanium) is surgically placed in the bone socket of your missing tooth. The jawbone heals and grows around the implanted titanium post, securing it firmly. This entire process takes about six to twelve weeks.
Once the implant firmly bonds to the jawbone, a small connector post or an abutment is attached to it for it to be able to hold the new tooth securely. The new tooth or teeth (called crowns) are custom made by our dentist after impressions are taken of your teeth and bite which are made to match the color of your natural teeth and then attached to the abutment.
AftercareIf you want your dental implants to last a lifetime, then you must:
- Maintain excellent oral health – Keep your natural teeth, replacement teeth, implants, and gums clean. Use a toothbrush that is specially designed for such cases.
- Maintain regular dental visits – Schedule regular visits to the dentist to ensure that the implants are in good condition and functioning normally.
- Avoid bad habits – Avoid chewing hard items (like ice, hard candy, etc.) and consuming tobacco, caffeine, or other items that can stain your teeth.