At Dental Concepts, we are strictly following all infectious disease control and social distancing protocol for patients regarding COVID-19. Here is what you can expect from our Dental Concepts, so you feel confident passing through our doors and making your oral health a priority once again.
Before Your Dental Appointment
When you speak to our schedulers, whether they are calling to confirm an appointment or you are calling us to make one:
- You will be screened for symptoms like fever, cough, shortness of breath, and muscle aches.
- You will be asked if you have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You will have the opportunity to request a video of Dr. Patel outlining our office protocol, delivered via email or text.
- If you have a cough or cold, your appointment will be rescheduled.
- When you Arrive at Our Dental Office
To avoid a waiting room full of people and to maintain social distancing measures, the following protocols will be conveyed to each patient:
- Limit the people who accompany you to our office unless you require their help.
- Call the office upon your arrival and wait in your vehicle. We will text you when it is your turn to be seen.
- Wear a mask when you enter our dental office.
- Expect to have your temperature checked and another COVID-19 symptom screening.
- Use hand sanitizer at designated stations.
- Precautions Our Staff Is Taking
Patient health and safety is behind every move we make, and there are many ways our staff is being cautious behind the scenes and in front of patients. The very minimum precautions we take every day include:
- Temperature checks.
- Screenings for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Hands are washed before and after every patient.
- KN95 masks are worn at all times.
- During procedures, staff wear gloves, protective eyewear, protective clothing, and face shields.
- How We Are Cleaning Our Dental Office
- Cleaning happens continuously throughout the day:
The following surfaces are cleaned and disinfected in between patients if they are not already covered with a barrier, including exam chairs and headrests and armrests, dental radiograph equipment, dental chairside computer and keyboards, reusable containers of dental materials, drawer handles, faucet handles, countertops, pens, telephones, and more.
- All dental equipment is properly transported to the sterilization area and thoroughly and meticulously cleaned.
- All surfaces are wiped down daily, including the front desk and the lobby.
- Periodically throughout the day, the lobby, door handles, light switches, outside chairs, restrooms, and checkout spaces are wiped down.
Why You Should Feel at Ease at Your Dental Concepts?
You might need a little more patience as these new protocols become the norm at your Dental Concepts, but a few extra minutes of waiting and a few extra steps are worth the level of protection these protocols deliver.